Is This Christmas Cactus Sick?

Below is a picture of a portion of my mother's Christmas Cactus.
Why is the end segment not looking right?
http://home.centurytel.net/ecar/P.jpg
(About 560k)
A. Smith wrote:

Normal. Mine looks like that for awhile then it grows out of it usually followed by a flower. Dont overwater it tho Eric
Eric wrote:

Thanks. I've killed several of her plants - probably from over-watering - amd I dare not kill this one.