Is it possible to water new grass seeds (in shade) too much?

Of course the goal is to keep the soil wet for as long after I put down the hose as possible. When the soil is in the sun, the water seeps into the ground, plus evaporates, so its not long before the soil is just moist. But what about where there is either full shade, or periods of full or even partial shade. These areas just remain sopping set, it is a great place for whatever happens in wet. Is it possible to drown seeds? A second of hose and you can tell the glass is almost full already, ie deep watered and runneth over. Is it possible that during the first few weeks (give or take) that in these shady areas that I can actually water too much for germination? I am just wondering if its possible to actaually hinder the seeds by watering excessively. Its not like a seed floating in a glass of dirty water - majority dirt, but still, the Question remains.
btw, some is obviously tiny grass now, but very much still not.
additional Question from this original:
put some Scotts Kentucky Bluegrass common #1 grass seed down 8-10 days ago. [now nearly 2 weeks] I think the conditions are perfect, according to the bag 15-26Celcius. It was overcast and raining for maybe 4 of those days, and the days it wasn't and even those it was, I have watered it several times per day. Is this neccesary, and how long should it take to come up? I have been able to keep it moist (it has not dried out yet), but the bag says only "water daily".
-

Yes
KC

I guess you could water so much that the seed is floating, or that you prematurely release all the starter fertilizer. But, why would you? All you have to do is keep it constantly damp. It's definitely better to err on the side of too much water than letting it dry out.
A bigger issue is why are you using kentucky bluegrass in full shade? Bluegrass is best suited to full sun to light shade. They do put some varieties of bluegrass that are more shade tolerant in some of the shade mixes to try to benefit from the ability of bluegrass to fill in and repair areas with rhizomes. But those varities are chosen to specifically have more shade tolerance and make up a small portion of the shade mix. If you have a bag of bluegrass intended for full sun, it;s unlikely to survive in really shady areas.
Which is the best seed for shade, and is there a good place on the internet to buy seed ?
James

Depends on where you live & what grasses grow best in your area.
KC

In areas where cool season grasses grow, shade mix is usually a variety of grasses, with various types of fescues adapted to shade being common, plus sometimes rye grass, or some small percent of bluegrass. Best thing to do is buy a mix, because different varities will do better in different soils, conditions, etc. Having a mix makes it more likely some will do well.
For grass seed online, check out seedland.com
Thank you trader4 !!
James
On Jun 11, 7:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Ride in the country and look at the agricultural fields. If there is a field with a low & continually wet spot, the field will have a good crop everywhere except at the wet spot, which will be very sparsely cropped. Too much water encourages disease & root rot. Plus roots need air to grow properly and they can't get it if it's waterlogged. Better to water once or twice a week and mostly, but not completely, dry inbetween the waterings. IMHO.
KC

The question was how much to water in the first weeks after SEEDING when growing new grass, not about watering in general, which is a very different question

Not necessarily.
The low spots have the only green vegetation for miles. The rest is just a dust bowl.