Insect Spray For Tree Suggestions, Please. (leaves being eaten)

Hi,
Live outside of Boston.
Have a few White Birch trees, some Maples and Oaks, and several trees that I'm not sure what they are, frankly.
Some of the leaves, on most all of them, seem to be being "eaten," possibly by aphids (someone thought, but wasn't certain), a bit..
Is there any spray that I can buy, that's effective of a real wide variety of leaf-eaters, as well as being near perfectly safe for all kinds of trees ?
Can it be used at any time of spring / summer ?
Much thanks, Bob

Rather than using a typical pesticide, I found some positive results last year, with Bayor Advanced Tree & Shrub Insect Control Concentrate. I found it late in the season, right at the start of my tree dissappearing to Japanese Beetles. After a few weeks, it seemed that my tree had less and less beetles on it, compared to the surrounding trees.
I was happy enough, I purchased enough to treat all my bug feeding trees.
hth,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com
Robert11 wrote:

White Birch trees always get borers. But that is in the trunk rather than the leaves. But white birch is a weed anyway. If you like the looks of them, do a bit of research to find the right, disease-resistant variety. Cut down the nasty whites and plant the better kind.
i use seven on my trees when that happends, spray it on the leaves.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Sevin has been outlawed. I don' believe it will be sold after this year. Bonide Eight is a replacement.
Stubby said:

Sevin hasn't been outlawed. It's readily available just about everywhere that sells insecticides, AFAIK.
Source?
--
Eggs

-Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.