Fairy rings

How do you combat a fairy ring please??

Reply to
Lesly

why? it is a fungus breaking down something that was left behind when your lawn was seeded/sodded. probably a tree stump. you can apply fungicide and that will work for a moment, but the fungus will return eventually until the material is depleted.

or you can dig up the whole area and track down the remaining chunks of whatever the fungus is feeding upon and remove it and then reseed or replace the sod, but really, it's a waste of time and money. i know someone who goes out in the lawn and picks the mushroom caps because they are unsightly. i just shake my head. removing the cap doesn't destroy the fungal mass that is growing in the ground and it doesn't prevent the fungus from returning because spores are always in the air.

enjoy it and consider it a good sign that nature is doing what it should be doing in the ground with left over organic material.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I like pulling 'puff balls' and tossing them, just to see them explode into dust clouds. :-)

Reply to
willshak