Exmark Squeeks

I have an Exmark Metro 17hp walk behind mower. I'm having a problem with the wheels squeeking. It doesn't sqeek when I start mowing but after about a half hour or so, it starts a loud metal-on-metal squeeking sound that drives me nuts. I've taken off the wheels and lubricated the axles (what a dumb place to put the grease connection), but that doesn't help. It seems to have something to do with the brakes but I'm not sure about that.

TIA, Robert

Reply to
Robert

Chris

adjust the band brakes on the drive wheels. a fairly common complaint on these. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

Chip, do you mind telling us how to adjust the brakes? My MetroHP 14HP does the same thing, and I would love to stop it! Otherwise, great mower in my opinion.

-- Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

Reply to
D H