Pine flooring squeeks

I have a home built in 1950 and it has pine floor boards nailed directly to the floor joists. The basement is finished so I have no access from the basement ceiling. Problem is in some areas the floor squeeks and it is in pretty good shape so I don`t want to nail or screw from top down. Any suggestions on how to quiet some of these squeeks?

Reply to
Glen

You may know that squeeks are from spaces between the boards and the joists that move as you stand on them. Not to be a wise guy but if you know of a way to fasten these two together without touching them then you do it that way, otherwise you will either have to nail, screw, wedge, etc .. them together.

Reply to
borgunit

If it's pine planking, isn't it already face-nailed? In any case, if you're not willing to go down from the top, or up from the bottom, you're pretty much screwed.

--Goedjn

Reply to
Goedjn

Could always seam-nail with angled nails where the heads go between the boards? Worked on my kitchen (in front of the stove), didn't work in my computer room.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Reply to