Moving a garden shed

Hi, Can anyone tell me the easiest way to move a garden shed? I have a wooden shed that measures 10'X8' and has a plywood floor and shingled roof with masonite panel siding. I would estimate the weight at 1500 lbs or so. We are moving it over established grass lawn to a new site on our property that is down-hill and about 100 feet from it's present location. I had thought of buying round wooden fence posts to use for rollers and recruiting a few of my teenaged sons' friends for muscle. I'm unable to get motorized equipment to the areas involved. I would be interested in hearing about any past experiences with similar situations. I would like to find the quickest, cheapest, easiest way to do the job. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Regards, Mark

Reply to
MNaut

Do the following Google Groups search; the results should give you some ideas:

Ermalina

Reply to
Chris

find someone with a team of horses, or do your roller method. I have moved big stuff on ground using larger round fenceposts. six inch stuff will do. Smaller doesn't work too good on ground. If you where on concrete, inch pipe would do the trick. You can put it on rollers, jacking it up with a car jack or handyman, have a dozen or so posts so you can keep some under while moving the ones used, from the back to the front.

Reply to
HARRYLEHMANHORSELOGGING