Dry ground & ants

Last summer, my backyard lawn couldn't stop growing... this year, the ground has become very dry to the point of cracking up... and now I've got antholes in numerous locations. The grass has stopped growing in certain areas due to this change in the ground. Should I just dig up the whole thing and put new soil and seed down? Would chemical treatments even be enough to cure a problem like this?

Thanks!

-Nathaniel

Reply to
The alMIGHTY N

Dry to the point of cracking sounds like lack of sufficient water and no chemical is going to help that. Unless there are restrictions imposed due to drought we water regularly to prevent the ground drying to the point of cracking and the grass dying back. Is this happening in spite of your regularly watering the lawn or can you not do so due to restrictions? Starting over won't do any good if you must rely on mother nature alone to provide enough water and she isn't.

Reply to
JoeT