Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

Page 2 of 2
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix /
;)
--

Eggs

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.
on 7/21/2007 4:50 PM Clark said the following:

You shouldn't have had to 'buy' new blades, Sears should have replaced them with the newer blades, since this is a defect in materials. I wonder how many others have had the same problem with those flimsy blades?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Clark wrote:

And why would you refuse new free blades that were better? That make no sense at all.
--
Art

The service guy hinted that the new blades were going to "fall" off the truck and he would not know what happend to them.
I might be allot of things but I don't take "free" stuff.
Clark
Clark wrote:

Hmmm. I took that as the guy was trying to look out for you. He new the originals were crap and probably didn't feel like telling you that you had to pay for new blades. They have a fair amount of leeway for goodwill consideration. I think you should have accepted them, but that's just me.
--
Art

on 7/23/2007 7:32 AM Clark said the following:

It's not free stuff. You paid for a mower and it had a defect. So a rep of Sears offered to replace the defective blades with a new set. You decided not to accept the new set and went out and bought new blades increasing the cost of your mower. What are you going to do about the torn up deck? Buy a new one?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Clark said:

Dood. Sears should replace the deck. If they won't, raise hell with them, right there in the store. If it were me, and they even began to balk about fixing it, I'd chew the manager's ass out, right in front of everyone within earshot. They should fix it, or refund (shoving the restocking fee up their proverbial asses). If they still balk, escalate things:
Sears, Roebuck and Co. 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Tel: 847-286-2500
--

Eggs

APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Hi Eggs,
You really think they should replace the deck? (the Sears guy said he's seen much worse, well what's that say?). I really have thought about making a fuss, like bringing in the old and new blades and the "monster stick" and telling them it says "Satisfaction guaranteed" on the back of the receipt. Kathy thinks we should bring it back too (replacement or)? I have owned allot of mowers over the years and never encountered this type of problem before. The problem I have is I have already "admitted" to mowing something other than grass and I think they consider that misuse, but
looking forward to your reply
Clark
Clark said:

It's brand new!

That is *exactly* what I was thinking. The factory blades are pieces of shit, obviously. That's crappy merchandise, and not worth the price. I'd go for it.

She was wrong about the beer. She's right this time. ;)

Nor have I. It's brand new.

It's brand new. If they won't cover a stick of that size, doing unacceptable damage, then fuck-em. Get *all* of the money back, and buy a better mower. Dood... it's brand new. There's no excuse. That stick should never have caused excessive damage.

Ask, and ye shall receive. =)
And, while you're waiting, please d/l and install OEQuotefix. =P
--

Eggs

Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

OK I downloaded and installed Quote fix, (everything else I run is Mozilla), funny never heard of this software! ( I own and operate a PC repair shop), I however have not read the documentation.

I think your right.
Clark
"Clark" ...

up _much_ worse on my JD), nothing that should have done this. Also, it was the bad blade that did the damage to the deck, not the stick. The blade should have stayed at least reasonably straight. I have hit a lot of stuff on my semiwooded place, and bent a few blades. They just bend a little after hitting something that stops them cold. Curving into the deck and putting a hole in it cannot be tolerated as acceptable. My US$0.02, Tomes
Clark said:

[...]
WooHoo! Yes, that's *much* better, thanks!

I'm just saying that's what I'd do, whether it's right or not I dunno. =) But, I know if I spend that kinda money on a mower, it better be tougher than one of those kiddie mowers that blow bubbles, and it sounds like this one isn't/wasn't. ;)
--

Eggs

If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out.
Clark wrote:

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

ah seems like yesterday!