dog wee killing my lawn

help - I have an 8 month neutered labrador X bitch. My lawn is suffering where she wees. Any good ideas for making her wee round the corner of the house away from the grass?

thanks Biller

-- Biller

Biller

First, it sounds like a behavioral modification issue. Might want to get incontact with a local trainer for advice, or books on the subject.

As for the grass, it's toast. You can wait for it to come back, (more likely weeds will grow first), or you can dig them up, and flip them. Reseed the spots and keep watered. That's what I would do.

hth,

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
- Hospital Jobs Classifieds. *******************************************************************************
Reply to
junkmail01

It's not that hard to train a dog to use the same spot -- is it an "inside" dog? Just put her on a leash and take her out to the same spot every time for awhile and she will automatically go there. Otherwise, is it possible to build a run? I am no good at training dogs since my life is chaotic and inconsistent but it's very easy to do for disciplined people. :)

I *was* a vet tech.....I used to see something you could feed to them or something that would neutralize the urine so it didn't kill the grass. I don't know anything about it though. I honestly don't think this is probably a good idea.

amy =---

Reply to
Amy D

Doug G

I'm mixing a little tomato juice in with their food. I have heard this from several different ng's and I'll let you know if it works. hc

Reply to
heppiechik

Reply to
Kelly

Hi, There's a product called Green-Ums that is supposed to take care of this problem. You feed this stuff to the dog in pill or treat form. Supposedly eliminates the ammonia in the urine. Contains yucca extract and vitamins. Good luck!

Reply to
Steve Parrish