discharge valve

I want to put something on my sprinkler pump on top, going from output to the control valves. If it ever pumps into a "shut off" valve, it could damage the pump.

Does anyone know of something inexpensive that will serve as a discharge valve? Idea being that it will discharge it to the ground until end of cycle.

Reply to
rb

What you want is a water pressure relief valve that will open if the pressure goes higher than normal if the sprinkler valves don't open. It needs to open a a higher pressure that will not occur if the system is operating normally. Like this:

trader4