Dethatching blade

Has anyone tried a dethatching blade on a push mower? Did it work OK?
Thanks Bob

It gave the worms flat-tops.

they work fine if set up properly. Put the blade on, then set the mower on concrete, adjust the hieght of cut until the springs just scrape. I don't know where you are but if you try this on st. augustine grass, be ready to buy some sod. It does work great on the northern grasses though. it helps tuo use a bagger with it or you can just rake the whole yard when done. the secret is not to go too deep Chip
chip wrote:

Hi...
And if I may respectfully add - after the ground is thoroughly dry, else you'll probably end up ripping out a lot of your grass by the roots.
Take care.
Ken