Dealing on a new riding mower.

Was at a tractor supply store recently looking at a $3500 mower. Said I was seriously considering it and a comment was made that they would be willing to deal on the mower.
Now I'm not sure how much I should ask for if they are WILLING to deal.
I know from time to time they send 15% coupons for their credit card holders. Do you think that would be a place to start? Anyone have any experience with this?

I would say to shop around and then offer less than the best price You get elsewhere then go up to that price but no more..You can always go back to the low seller and buy it,,if You call in the offer from outside the low sellers' shop and it's refused just walk back in and buy it there..If there are service agreements involved a long drive might be a pain tho.. Can I ask what brand and model You're looking at? Dean

Dean - its a cub cadet RZT 50, 50" deck - sorry - it's $3000, not $3500 (didn't notice that)

Nice rigs and no mistake,,finally got to read up on them a little,,looks like $3000 is the going price,,if You can get 15% off I'd say that's a darn good start..I like the idea of the i1000,,it has many of the old benefits of a tractor plus the zero turning..I saw one on a poster hung up at the small engine shop the other day but did'nt get a chance to look close..I wo'nt be spending 3-4 thou on a mower/ tractor till I've got more time working on My older ones anyway. I thought I was going to read some more about cub but landed at a consumer site that covered lots more brands/models,,if You have a little time it's a good read,,at least My limited experience thinks it is.. http://www.consumersearch.com/www/lawn_and_garden/lawn-tractors/review.html
Dean
First off most of the brands out there are all made by MTD ""Michigan Tool and Die"" products and thoise incluse Cub Cadet, Lawn Chief, Ace hardware brands, Older sears models, and many more that I cannot recollect. I used to work in the lawn equiptment business and saw them all and worked on them all. troy Built is good and Simplicity is good Great Dane is good, Scags and Walsh is goodand yes even MTD is good for small lawns but no major mowing Oh and Bolens is good unless they were bought by MTD by now.

I am afraid not. It was Michigan tool and die. They make a good small yard machine but not a heavy use machine and that includes the Cub Cadet and lawn chief and ace hardware machines and many sears units and white machines and many more. The one machine we saw the most of in a the shop was MTD because the shop was in the catskills of NY and people thought they could take that type of machine andm mow acres and acres of lawns and often broke many parts. My favorite lawn machines are simplicity ""All steel and heavy duty"" Scags and walsh and great dane. The one engine I would love to have on a machine is a Koehler Briggs and stratton is a good engine but Koehler is tops.

Ohio and they are owned by -MODERN- Tool and Die.
Read and learn.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5001/is_200501/ai_n18200232

http://www.answers.com/topic/mtd-products