DD Maple Syrup commercial question

Folks, Duncan Donuts is running a commercial where an office worker is tapping a tree in his office for maple syrup and another guy comes by flaunting his maple flavored breakfast thingy. The thing is, that tree does not look like a maple tree to us here and we are trying to figure out what kind of a tree it is. One would think that they might have used a sugar maple tree.... We are thinking oak, but do not really know.
Any one see this and what kind of tree is it? Tomes
Tomes wrote:

I tried that about 30 years ago. We had a big sugar maple in the front yard that I tapped and collected about 10 gal of sap. I set up a shack with a Coleman stove to boil it down.
The bottom line is that I spent $20 of gas to get maple sugar that I could buy from local shops for $2.

Sounds like you wasted time tapping that oak tree, huh ?

Stubby wrote:

Hi...
But hopefully you had a good learning experience, and lots of fun; particularly if you shared the time with your kids or grandkids, and all had a good helping of real home made maple syrup on a stack of Mom's or Grandma's pancakes :)
Kinda like spending a couple of hundred bucks on a fishing trip to catch one or two small fish that you coulda bought for a couple of dollars. I do swear they taste better, though :)
Take care.
Ken