Clutch problem on Snapper Riding Mower

Can someone give me advice on my 25" cut snapper riding mower? Recently I installed the rubber portion of the clutch ( the old one was shot). I can't get enough friction with the clutch to go foward. Get this if I sit on the mower it won't go foward (reverse is fine) but if I stand to the side and put it in gear it works fine. I have tried cleaning the rubber clutch and the upper disc with starting fluid but that didn't help. I'm sure someone out there is familiar with this problem.

Reply to
James

i think there is a spring that tensions the rubber disc to the engine plate, you may want to check the spring or related linkage, alsothe clutch adjustment. when your foots off the pedal , you should get full pressure on the disc, if it out of adjustment the pedal may be keeping the disc from fully contacting..lucas

Reply to
ds549

Your problem sounds somewhat like the one I had. The drive disc attachted to the engine had moved up the shaft and let the rubber tire slip. Moving the disc back solved the problem.

Reply to
Chas Hurst