Asparagras roots

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

I think I figgered it out: Sarge is starting a brothel....that's some kind of subliminal advertising yore doing..."chicks" and "roots" and "gardening".
;-)
Srgnt Billko said:

Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?
--

Eggs

If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out.

The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? <chuckle>
Srgnt Billko said:

Give it a few years before you harvest it, then. The plant needs those spears to open into little "ferns", for the following year's growth.
What variety? =)
--

Eggs

-A man who lives in a glass house should change in the basement.

On new transplants we don't pick at all the first year - and just 2 weeks the 2nd - and 3 weeks the 3rd.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

--
Art

Art said:

If you want spears, it's a requirement. The third year, the crowns are fully established, and begin producing like mad. You can buy two and three year old crowns, hence my question. =)
--

Eggs

What's another word for thesaurus?
Srgnt Billko said:

Ahh. Good deal, Sarge. What variety of asparagus did you plant?
I received all of my seeds yesterday. I'm still about 13 days from my tgt date. We're still hitting right at freezing at night, here. Still, the soil in the raised beds is warming up nicely. I may get in a couple days early. *shrug*
The waiting sux, heh.
--

Eggs

-Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

These are the old standard Martha Washington - really hadn't thought about experimenting with any of the others. Now I'm shopping for rhubarb.