Another raccoon

trapped in the hav-a-hart. Thos traps have been busy this year. I think that's 7 total so far.

What do you do with the trapped 'coon?
on 7/3/2007 12:43 PM Chas Hurst said the following:

Mine go in the witness protection program. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

LOL!

It is illegal in Oregon as per Oregon Fish & Wildlife. Releasing spreads germs. Also you are teaching the animal about traps making the problem more severe in the new location. In Oregon coons are a game animal and you must obtain a permit to trap them. Or have a valid hunting license and obey the hunting regulations.

Whatever the law allows. <chuckle>

A 22 slug behind the ear.
I have caught 23 and a friend of mine has got 36. We are over run with them. They have killed 35 chickens of another friends. They have tore up my squirrel feeder and working on my bird feeder now. You know the buzzards need something to eat too.
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Maybe someone like Frank is dropping off the 'coons at your place.

Should I reposition the security cams ? I'm trying for woodchucks - the coons and opossums are just mistakes. I don't think they are bothering anything in the garden / orchard.

I'd shoot the woodchucks. Maybe change the bait to something less attractive to 'coons and possums, or close the traps at night.

I don't have time to sit and wait for a chuck to come out. I'm using peanut butter on pieces of apple. The traps are on a property I own about 6 miles from where I live.
Srgnt Billko said:

Ditch the peanut butter. Go with plain apples. Even better might be to add in small pots with lettuce or broccoli plants in them. And there are commercial attractants for woodchucks that actually help. See here:
http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/groundhog_products.html
--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

This was the last one: http://www.dol.net/~frank.logullo/thief.pdf Over a year ago. Saw him in bird feeder on deck, trapped on patio under deck and took him for a ride. Little guy's living happily in a state park. Tried to catch his daddy but he was too big for my trap. Frank

Coon is good eating. A prepared prime pelt has some value.

There is the endemic rabies threat around here. I'm very careful about handling these critters. Also, at the time, I had a freezer full of venison. Frank