Advice on Mower

Just been given a Mountfield SP470 powered mower. This was given by
widow so she has no knowlege about the operation of the mower and ther is no documentation. It has a Briggs and Stratton engine and is I gues 8-10 years old. What fuel do I put in ordinary unleaded or do needsome two stroke mixture and if I do what is the ratio. I have no had much success on the net I was wondering if anyone here had an advic
-- Leigh_Stenson
Leigh_Stenson said:

She probably stole it. =P

Has it been used, on a regular basis? Or, has it been sitting in a shed for all that time? (I'd change the oil, before trying to start it.)

Unleaded.
[rest snipped]
--

Eggs

After heat killed bad germs, where do they go? Obviously not in heaven,
on 8/29/2007 3:08 PM Leigh_Stenson said the following:

Does it have an oil check dip stick? If so, it's a 4 cycle and uses regular gas.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak said:

Not all 4-stroke B&S have/had sticks. They /all/ have/had a place to add oil, by itself, though.
--

Eggs

After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

true. and sadly there was always one who would fill it completely to the top and ruin the little motor.
Does anyone here have the Snapper 7 HP walk behind, hi-wheel mower ?
If so, how well do you like it ??
thanks
James
alt.home.lawn.garden:

I don't have a high-wheel mower, but I use one that belongs to a client when I do her yard. It's also not a Snapper, but if you're interested in the functionality of the wheels, here goes:
* The large wheels make it easier to move up and down steps. * When I push down on the handle to raise the body, it raises higher and faster. * The big wheels seem to ride on top of the grass more due to the larger surface area, making the front cut just slightly lower than the back. This is only an issue in thick turf like extremely dense St. Augustine. * The big wheels pick up more mud and gravel to drop on the driveway while putting the mower away.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement