A woodchuck under the trailer

Page 1 of 2
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the trailer.
I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter? Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable if used during the daytime.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

http://www.wildlife-traps.com/groundhogs.html

May not be legal. Check your state's law.
(Illegal where I'm at - MI)
Ken

laws..

Speeding and spitting are more likely to be civil infractions. The trapping of wild animals in one area and then taking them somewhere else is a misdemeanor (at least here in MI).
Other than that, your argument is weak. Lots of things are against the law. That doesn't mean that laws are to be ignored.
Ken

I don't live in a trailer. Where I live I can still shoot pests.
Ken
NapalmHeart wrote:

Too bad Stormin Mormon and Doug Kanter don't live within 'range' of you.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I spent years trying to protect my garden from woodchucks. The best defense was fence material installed about 3' around the garden AND horizonally around the garden. To that I had to add an electric fence, battery operated, about a foot off the ground. That worked quite well but cost around $60. That makes the veggies a tad bit expensive!
I located the holes, there are always at least 2, and filled them with alternate layers of plastic shopping bags and egg-size gravel. The nasty criters have a hard time digging through the layers.
No wood chucks have been seen in over a year!!! Good luck
I've had other suggestions, such as lime, concrete, and smoke bombs. Will certainly try a mixture of these ideas.
Thank you for a great idea, about the shopping bags.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Try praying that it will leave.

Or spray it with holy water...

Try changing it's capacitor....No doubt you'll fuck the job up and kill it.

    OK ....
    That one is just PURELY gonna leave a mark !!!! :-)
    You know where to send the keyboard ......
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.' 'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.' HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm /
B-Hate-Me posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

stuff up? I would think he would capture it with a robe or aim the comet at it.
--

Tekkie

Give it some Kool-Ade?

Suggest you move. The woodchuck always wins. LOL I'm currently using a hav-a-art trap with some success but a DEC person told me it is illegal to transport them so I still have to shoot them (in the trap) and put them in the garbage. A neighbor suggested I gas them (in the trap) with auto exhaust.
Would that I could -- at least move to some place legal to shoot the critters.
Illegal to transport? That's a new one on me. My Dad tried to "get the squirrel out of the yard" with a havhart trap. And a friend of my Dad's tried shooting the squirrel. The friend is a military vet, and lives in the country. Dad quit after some number of squirrels, and the other fellow quit after 300. Neither made much progress.
Now, if they coulda been selling the tails for a buck a piece?
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Live trap them, fill a kiddie pool with water, throw trap in water. No need to shoot holes in your trap for nothing.
All this hub-bub about moving an animal- BFD. It might be against the law, but what is worse: moving an animal to a remote area or killing it? Give your ticket for relocating an animal (good luck even getting one) to PETA and let them fight it out.
I have NEVER heard of anyone actually getting a ticket for animal relocation.
Kirb