Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cooch grass
hi does anybody know where i can get some cooch grass from for my fiel to stop the mud during winter thanks susa -- ferret144
1
1

Shipping gourds
to a cousin in Florida and a relative downstate.
2
2

reseeded lawn and certain patches aren't growing
I've tried to reseed those areas twice and the spots are still bare, should I try a different brand of seed? Is it the sunlight? I'm baffled why these certain spots on my lawn aren't growing grass...
3
3

Laundry problem
I hope there is someone on here that can help. I don't know where else to find the solution. When they tried to iron on a name tag on my mom's sweater at the nursing home, the iron was too hot and...
5
5

Split more today
Worked on the firewood pile again today. Now about a fifth of the way through - and just getting my "second wind"

Need Help - Establishing a new lawn
Hi there I am in the process of establishing a new lawn. My lawn has been garbage since I moved in almost four years ago. I have quite a bit of shade in some areas and until last week, lots of hard...
1
1

Checked tie rod ends
I was surprised today when I checked some of my tractors for adjustable tie rod ends. My big Wheelhorse (1989, 20 hp Onan twin) does not have them and neither does my older Cub Cadet GT. My 1980s JD...

Another 175#s of gourds
picked today. That brings our total up over 300# so far this year - and there's more to pick. Also found a few more acorn squash and spaghetti squash hidden in the weeds - plus 10 or 12 more paw paws....
12
12

Lit the torch
Finally got that sucker lit up - but first things first: I wasn't impressed by the little bit of "assembly" required. The brass fitting included to connect the hose to a tank - needed pliers to...

Garden/Lawn tractors grip, tire pressure and alignment
After reading many posts complaining about front tires skidding rather than turning, I found I should throw in my 2 cents. When I rode my Sears garden tractor (those have lower-profile tires) for the...
7
7

Sears tractor tie rods
I couldn't stand it so I stopped at Sears to check the tie rods on the new machines. I see they do not have adjustments (threaded ends) like our older machines have. But I'm thinking that the current...

Ready for winter
Getting ready for the cold days of winter. Split about a cord of firewood today. Some mountain ash and some shag bark hickory. The pile didn't go down much and I'm tired already.
12
12

Grease - Power Trimmer
What kind of grease is used in a gasoline-engine power trimmer?
1
1

Mulching? Craftsman
Hi I just got a used mower from my sis-in-law. It is a Craftsman model # 917.377530 with a B&S 6hp gold engine, bagger mulch. She didnt have the manual. Ive googled but not getting much. Sears site...
5
5

Lawnmower Suggestion as a Housewarming Gift
I am looking at giving a gift of a lawnmower to a first time home purchaser. I can fully remember my first house and how relatives were very generous in giving us the help we needed in establishing a...
7
7