Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Load Handler Cargo Unloader
for pickups.opinions please.
11
11

Raising the level of a lawn
I have an existing lawn adjacent to a raised patio area. The lawn has been in a poor condition, patchy, balding and weed ridden. I would like to raise the level of the lawn to run flush with the...

John Deere lawn tractor engine
My L120 lawn tractor broke the ring gear that is under the flywheel the starter engages with to start the engine. The one on the engine is held in place by three rivets. The one in the parts book...
1
1

Advice Please on Lawn Mowers
cordless vs gas. what say you?
1
1

how can i revamp my lawn?
hi there. we've had a large trampoline up in our garden for a while now - annd its killed the grass underneath. thing is, i dont know anything about lawns, what type of grass seed i would need, or how...
2
2

OT: Maybe a little: Beer
For those of us who have a beer or two while doing gardening , mowing, etc. I went to the store this morning and bought a 30 can pack of Budweiser beer. On all five sides of the carton (except the...

live vid cam of eagle's nest 24/7
This is a LIVE video cam of an Eagle's Nest...it is just enthralling to watch. The camera is on the nest 24/7 so you have to watch during daylight hours or it is just a blur... This is just too good...
1
1

laying turf on old patio base. Help please
Hi, Im new to this and would really appreciate some advice. I had an old patio area at the bottom of my garden approx 2.5m x 5m. I want to put turf down so my daughter has an area to play in the...
2
2

Inherited Honda 2113!
Hi, My first post, so please be gentle! We're just about to move into a new house, where we are being left a Honda 2113 ride on mower. Unfortunately it doesn't start with the key (you have to short...
1
1

Rainwater Harvesting Information
Hello, this is Chris Maestro with Stormchamber. Hydrologic Solutions is a family owned and operated company. We have been providing water conservation solutions, with distribution worldwide, for over...
1
1

Potting-up fussy seedlings
Hi, You can use ordinary sharp sand yes, but I would not recommend to use it alone. As you are on clay I would mix 1 part topsoil/loam with 2 parts sand and a little bit of peat (about 1/2 a part if...
4
4

Help - New Lawn
Last year summer 2010 we had the back garden (30 sq/m ) cleared, shrubs, trees, weeds etc all dug and cleared and levelled out, we was meant to get someone in to turf, however i decided to take the...
1
1

Unusual Lawn Care Business
I've listed a couple of unusual lawn care businesse sat such as quiet lawn care - lawn equipment with extra-large mufflers. (Wouldn't every homeowner want quieter lawn care?) If you have ideas for...

Atco commodore b12
Morning Forum, i have been given a atco cylinder mower with a couple of problems. Problem 1. The clutch does not seem to disengage the mower seems to be stuck in drive, operating the clutch lever does...

rear wheels locked on my Toro walking mower
I cannot use electric start because the wheels are locked. I CAN use pull-rope to start. Is this problem solvable?