thermostat control (data logging)

Hi: Is there a thermostat available that will log activity and can be downloaded to a computer? To log when the heat pump is turned on, fan on etc. vs. time of day.
thanks, russ
YES

Russ wrote

on the ordering page (link at bottom) are several http://www.phanderson.com/tm150/tm150.html
here's some more products, some very expensive http://www.automatedbuildings.com/releases/jul06/products0804.htm
Dido wrote:

First off.. to the OP...
Russ... this is not something you could buy and hook up unless you like tinkering A LOT.
Now... Dido... thanks for the link. Interesting... and the stuff the guy builds is very reasonable. It just needs assembled in a package.
I've often thought... and Paul and I have discussed... that products of this type need to be developed and marketed in the consumer sector.
So... I'll ask you HVAC folks... what's the price point for the following:
A T-stat like this with logging, and with connectivity to a PC through the following options:
wireless G
Ethernet wired
Schedule upload/download via a PC client
PC client energy analysis
Paul, you know this would be a cinch to program in VB... if the Tstat is talking...
So how much would people pay?
Jake

Dunno... They pay $350 for a VisionPro 8000......installed.
you can also try this sight snipped-for-privacy@tidaleng.com or www.TidalEng.com this people also have some interesting stuff
Dido