sure is quiet in here

Page 1 of 3
Temps here around the century mark with heat index real close to the 'teens.... been like this for the last 2 weeks and the phone is only ringing from folks who have no cooling, and very few of those. System replacements have dropped off to nothing.
Lots of leakers on jurassic systems, Rheem M coils are no longer available.....lots of folks not happy that they will have to replace their whole system, and especially not happy that the media has said *NOTHING* about the R-22 phase-out.
Sad thing is the higher the price of gasoline goes, the less the phone rings. Seems that even the folks in the big metro areas are feeling it now. WTH, I am only a 1 man band.... what do I know.

    How to play multiple instruments ?
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Steve wrote:

Steve;
Most HVACR 's are one man bands or at least less than 3 man bands... LOL
--
Zyp

Steve wrote:

I am still getting lots of repair calls. I have a number of replacement bids out, but nobody making the big decision. The big boys are dropping employees like flies. the daily local layoffs are happening on a regular basis. The State screwed the pooch and levied every business in the state $150 per employee to prop up the state unemployment fund. Which of course encouraged management to promptly lay off people that they were skeptically keeping on the payroll. Also the Electric was given permission to increase rates $8 per month/per home. City has decided to build a new convention center that the $400,000 analysts say we have no customers for. that of course means a new levy. Several counties are also installing Permit fees, even out in the damned boondocks. Drivers licenses were just tripled in price and car licenses doubled. If the Bankers can't bankrupt us the Government is making damned sure that it can! Keep an eye on all insurance rates. The Teachers are demanding a raise and more benefits.

Don Ocean wrote:

Wow- it's hell in a hand basket... LOL
Here in Kalifornia they've increased the sales tax. What a great incentive to run out and buy stuff....
--
Zyp

Zyp wrote:

Make it energy efficient and sell them on the 30% tax deduction. $4500 rebated for a new energy efficient car too.. In Kalifornia that would be about 30 million cars sales. Maybe we should go into the ammunition making business. Black Hills Arms can't supply enough for us hunters anymore. Vast shortage of .233, .380, 9mm 10mm .45 .308, 30-30 .243, .270. and lots of other. Price has also skyrocketed. Reloaders supplies are in shortage too. My blackpowder stuff is still ok though. As is my bow hunting stuff.

    Brobama is the best gun salesman since Clinton.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

I hear tell that McDonald's is Honoring Michael Jackson with a special Hamburger. 10 year old buns with a 50 year old piece of meat stuck in..

I doubt that our current adminstration would approve any permits to build ammo factories. Nice idea, though.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Wasn't planning on asking them. We *do* want it to be successful.

Manufacturing could be more profitable if they followed common sense, rather than all the endles regulations. ADA, EPA, ATF, and the other TLA, just serve to prevent Americans from doing what they've done for years. Work hard, produce good products at market prices.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

The goofiest thing I've seen in a while was government mandated handicapped parking spots at the front door of a ladder store.
TDD

You mean like putting braille dots on the buttons of a drive-up ATM machine??
Noon-Air wrote:

Oh yea, that one cracked me up the first time actually I saw it several years ago.
TDD
Yah got me. I can't get near that level of goofiness.
I did hear that on some remote hiking trail. Five miles from the trailhead, up and down the mountain. There's an outhouse. ADA made em put in grip rails, and so on. Like someone who can do five miles of mountain climbing is going to need a grip rail?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

After five miles of hiking or like some of the service calls I've had lately at malls and large retailers that require a lot of walking, I'm glad to have the grip rails.
TDD
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:19:34 -0500, The Daring Dufas

    Get a grip.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Hey! Keep your perversions to yourself.

    It's more fun to share. 'Tis better to give than to receive !
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
I can understand that. I had a call, a couple weeks ago. Just wire in a thermostat. Old one didn't have a common, new one needed it. There were orange and brown wires, not used. No problem. Just use the orange, and go to the roof wire it onto the terminal strip. Find out the orange doesn't make it to the roof, it's not connected some where. Try the brown. That also not connected. At the roof, R and G are jumpered, so just use G for ground. Find out that the R and G are rubbing some where, and I'm blowing fuses on the board. After about 8 hours of going up and down a ladder, I sure needed all the help I could get!
I learned a heck of a lot. One thing I learned, that having a good helper on the other end of the wire, and a couple walkie talkies would make the job go easier.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus