roof mounted cooling unit

I'm not a cooling system engineer, but I have a few queries about a cooling unit mounted on a roof.
The cooling unit has 2 compartments. The first compartment has a fan and what looks like a car radiator at the back. I guess this is the condenser coil. The fan seems to draw air away from the coil rather than blowing ari directly on to it. I wonder if this is correct.
The other compartment has a compressor and a Ranco pressure control for low/high pressure.
I was wondering if the cold copper pipes (about 15m long) from the cooling unit that run into the building should be bound together with cable ties or should they be separate from each other. One pipe has insulation (the cold pipe) and the other is a bare copper pipe (warm pipe). The cold pipe seems to freeze up and I think this is blocking circulation. So is it better to have these pipes tied together so that they are in contact, ie: the warm pipe stops the cold pipe from freezing up.