Replace unit. What idiots.

I went out for PM, and filters. One roof top unit (4 ton Carrier, if I remember) wasn't cooling well.
I offered to clean the coils, totally needed.
They replaced the entire unit. I got back to the store, and there was a whole brand new HVAC with gas heat and all.
So, if the car needs a tune up, you junk the car and buy a new one? I'm astounded at replacing a roof top unit because it's dirty. Seriously unbelievable.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Why not if Was billionaire I would have one for Monday one Tuesday one Wednesday Etc.

You wouldn't stay a billionaire for long.

You really need to quit snorting farts.

and an environmental impact report

Yes the only thing he must watch that no one light the match could cause disaster methane gases are very flammable

So the new unit was also a Carrier then, correct?

OK just checking as if it were another make it wouldn't be Puron branded R-410a it would be generic R-410a refrigerant.
R-410 is giving name by ASHRAE, R-410 is actually AZ-20 made by Allied Signal It is azeotropic mixture of HFC-32/HFC-125, so it is blend refrigerant which should always be use to charge system in liquid form.

It is only near azeotropic, IE it still has a little glide to it. All 400 series refrigerants are zeotropic blends and all 500 series are azeotropic blends.

different pressures/temperatures. If you try to charge by vapor, not only will you screw up the charge in the system, you will also screw up the new refrigerant in the jug. Neither will retain its original properties, and you got junk all the way round.
Chris look up OEM specs

On Sep 16, 8:23pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Depends on some other factors too : The age of the Unit, how critical the space is that the unit cools/heats , and if it was undersized and didnt work right . If i were an Owner, id weigh up these factors carefully in addition to how long i was going to have the Store . Sometimes there comes a point when its not wise to put any more money into a piece of equipment .
On Sep 16, 6:23pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Looks that you just can't fix "StUpiD"
grumpy posted for all of us...

--