Refrigerator not working again

    Red, no doubt :-)
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Actually blue Leak Lock
On 9/26/2010 7:01 AM, Steve wrote:

It only takes a tiny amount of Leak Lock on the sealing surfaces. Some people think the more the better. Can you say: clogged TXV screen?
TDD
The web site reccomended wiping the threads with alcohol before applying the leak lock. I wonder how many people actually do this?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I only use that stuff in very small amounts on black iron pipe threads when I am running a gas line to a furnace.
I have found where bonehead hacks have put it on service valve caps, service port caps, on the threads of flare fittings(but not the flare itself), and a host of other places it doesn't belong. usually from the mess that was left, it was pretty obvious they got it all over themselves too.
Steve wrote:

I had to replace the gas service to my house in Ohio, years ago. The character from CG&E was a pompous ass who informed me that I had failed the pressure test before he even got out of his truck. Then he said, None of the approzed contractor passed before the third test and no home owner had ever passed the test so I was about to kiss the $75 fee goodbye. The first thing he looked at was the Robroy installation kit, the orange plastic gas pipe and the #12 copper wire that was secured to the pipe.
Well, it did pass on the first try so he went to insect everything else. Then he was standing there in my basement looking at the 21' piece of black iron pipe that ran from a tee at the furnace, directly to the gas meter outside. He finally asked how I got that much pipe into the tiny basement. I smiled and told him it was really easy, after I dug a 30 angled hole beside the meter, and gave the pipe a shove. Then he tried to claim I used the wrong pipe tape, but couldn't deny that the partially used roll was the proper type. All the pipe had been removed, inspected and reinstalled after the old pipe dope was wire brushed from the threads.
He was pissed off, but he had to approve everything and turn my gas back on.
The new water service was another story. :)
enough left over to pay them.

Some inspectors get a little full of themselves. The last time I had a run in with an inspector, he was an ass from the start. I pulled *my* code books, and the manufacturers instructions handed them to him and told him to *SHOW* me where my work didn't comply. He couldn't do it, and had to pass the job. He didn't work there very long after they figured out his resume and job history wasn't what he said it was.
Steve wrote:

claimed that I was violating the NEC. I tossed him my copy and asked him to point out which parts I ws violating, and asked how familiar he was with the industrial and theatrical sections. he turned red and said, I don't give a damn, it has to be done by someone with a local license. I smiled and asked him to recommend someone who was bonded for in excess of $1,000,000 for the damage they could cause. he turned bright red and said, This pile of shit isn't worth a million bucks! I smiled and said, I realize that, but if they hook up even one wire wrong, they would destroy the transmitter and that the new one was only available turnkey, which was well over a million. Then I asked, Which one of your local 'Bubbas' knows how to prep and install 30 KV armored HV cable.
then he tried to tell me that the 1/4" steel plate with the control wiring and three 480 V to 120 V step down transmitters had to be taken down and mounted on 1/2" plywood. I told him I would gladly do that, if he showed me contact for his next of kin, and stood in front of the equipment when I removed the braces. There was over a ton of transformers and switch gear on that 4' * 10' plate.
He threw his papers back into his briefcase and yelled, I'll be back in 15 minutes with a cease & desist order! He never came back. ;-)
enough left over to pay them.

I don't usually have problems with inspectors. Wednesday and Thursday of last week I had to go out to a new department store to install two kiosks that had to be changed out because there was no UL sticker on the darn things. The guy who had originally started the job, walked when he discovered just how difficult the gear was to setup and get working. The kiosks were quite interesting with a 32" LCD touch screen turned vertically, a laser scanner, mag-stripe and bar-code swipe reader, thermal printer and touch pad mouse. The keyboard is on screen and the contraption is run by an HP/Compaq PC running Win XP. I had to get the network connection up then format and reimage the hard drive for the required task. After going through that, the customer assistance call button would work. I actually worked with U.S. based tech support! I missed my little Indian friends. <sniff>
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Destin and Sandestin are tourist traps with overpiced condos. They don't want anyone except their G.O.B. doing anything. I went to an electrical supply house where they refused to sell me anything, even after learning that I had an account with their company at another branch in the state. A plumbing supply house refused to sell me some 3" copper pipe for the cooling system. Both changed their minds after I told them I would pick them up over the weekend near home, and send letters to their corporate offices. :)

Even a blind pig finds an acorn at times. ;-)

You need to spend more time at the range. ;-)
enough left over to pay them.

I've done repairs to the computer systems at Blockbuster stores and the India based tech support personnel are hysterically funny some of the time, especially when they give me a name. One gal went by "Julia Roberts", a fellow told me his name was "Stalin" and when I asked if his first name was "Joseph", he said yes. One time I went to a store that was so trashed that it scared the Indians so they put me through to a gal in Texas who spent 8 hours on the phone with me while I went through and straightened out the entire point of sale system. A very strange setup with serial and Ethernet on the same Cat5 cable.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Don't you just love cheap bastards? :(
Have you seen the ads for the new TV show called 'Outsourced'?
http://tv.yahoo.com/outsourced/show/46490
enough left over to pay them.

GAWD! It looks like it will be funny and connect with a lot of us who have to deal with foreigners in order to service technology. I would love to be able to speak Hindi and Urdu, what fun I could have with tech support. 8-)
TDD
Especially when they cover the phone, and comment to the operator at the next cube?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I didn't want to waste any more time than I had to. I was working 16 hour days, seven days a week at that time. The gas heat had been off for a month and it was in SW Ohio where a small electric heater didn't do much.
enough left over to pay them.
It is rare, when someone on Usenet actually makes sense. This is such a moment.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sorry about that! :)
enough left over to pay them.
1) makes sense 2) apologizes.
Now, for the third, and bonus round. For $54,000,000 wired to you directly from Nigeria to your bank account. Respond politely to a misspelled flame, without correcting the spelling. Timer.... tick, tick, tick, ding....
YOUR AN ITIOT!!!!!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

BUZZZZ!!! Sorry, you but lost. The proper phrase is, 'You and your entire family are flaming idiots!' Don't despair, though. As a consolation prize you can select any of our high strung trolls to do whatever you want, with no consequences. ;-)
enough left over to pay them.