Question for the pros-- Where can I get an OEM contactor for an AS Heritage 18? ==> please read in...

I live off the beaten path and it's a wait to get service for anythng out here. I have an AS Heritage 18 and want to buy a few spare parts for when this thing stops working. Where can I get an OEM contacter? Is there a non-oem that's just as good? Anything else that I might be able to fix while waiting for the hvac guy to put me in his schedule? (if I had the parts)

Thanks.

P.S. Skill level - automotive tech, but no residential air equipment, so I probably can't recharge the system.

Reply to
Hoss

You don't need an OEM contactor. In fact, there is no such thing. Get any brand, just match the specs, and size ( so it fits ). Think also about spare fan motors, inside and out, if you want to stock parts.

Hi Paul, thanks for the answer. American Standard/Trane is mighty tight with it's repair info. You can't just go onto their website and download a repair manual with part specs. (or even an installation manual!) I think they try to make it impossible for customers to repair their own units by withholding information. (which is not necessarily a bad thing!)

Is there an online HVAC supply house that knows what they're doing? I have had my fill of website operations that operate out of a phone booth, and promise the world while delivering excuses.

probably can't recharge the system. No, but you can sure as hell run into town for parts, huh ? :-)

Nope, that's why I posted this request instead of asking my original HVAC contractor. I have the 10 year warranty for the unit, but I don't think it covers stuff like the contactor or motor capacitor. I'm not trying to beat my contractor out of his livlihood -- I'm just trying to avoid a future 2 week wait in the hot sun while I could be back in business in a half hour or so by fixing simple problems myself.

Reply to
Hoss