Pressure switch

I have been having issues with my Ruud furnace and narrowed it down to the pressure switch being bad. I have one on order. In the meantime, can I bypass the switch somehow to avoid going down and whacking the switch to kick the blower on?!?
Brian

bathroom, garage, in the woods and just about anywhere for that matter. No real need to keep going downstairs. Bubba

Its a *SAFETY* device on a fosile fuel furnace... that being said, it you want to put yourself, your family, and your home at risk, then you can do what you want.
I understand it is a safety device. I was looking for a temporary fix until my part came in so I could start "Whacking" it in the bedroom instead of going to the basement!

Its *STILL* a safety device, and as such should *NEVER* be bypassed, or defeated in *ANY* way. If you had called a legitmate contractor, instead of DIY, then you would be comfortable by now, because the contractor most probably carries a direct OEM replacement on the truck.
I hope you didn't spend a bunch of money on that switch, because if thats not the problem, or just a symptom, its not gonna be returnable, and your no better off than when you started.
BTW...I don't care if its what you want hear or not... *my* home is comfortable.
Marc O'Brien wrote:

Is he good with money? Because the local ministry isn't. They keep pan handling at the pulpit. Passing a plate around looking for hand outs.
--
Zyp

I agree, Milligan can be some what loose. Which might make him a looser.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

That ones a keeper.

Bypass the safety, and you risk having a one way trip by morge wagon. I'd seriously suggest not bypassing the safety switch.
Especially on a fossil fuel furnace, as those produce monxide. Even more than "fosile" whatever the heck that is.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus