Pressure switch

I have been having issues with my Ruud furnace and narrowed it down to the pressure switch being bad. I have one on order. In the meantime, can I bypass the switch somehow to avoid going down and whacking the switch to kick the blower on?!?

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I would think you should be able to "whack it" in the bedroom, bathroom, garage, in the woods and just about anywhere for that matter. No real need to keep going downstairs. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Its a *SAFETY* device on a fosile fuel furnace... that being said, it you want to put yourself, your family, and your home at risk, then you can do what you want.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I understand it is a safety device. I was looking for a temporary fix until my part came in so I could start "Whacking" it in the bedroom instead of going to the basement!

Reply to
Brian

Its *STILL* a safety device, and as such should *NEVER* be bypassed, or defeated in *ANY* way. If you had called a legitmate contractor, instead of DIY, then you would be comfortable by now, because the contractor most probably carries a direct OEM replacement on the truck.

I hope you didn't spend a bunch of money on that switch, because if thats not the problem, or just a symptom, its not gonna be returnable, and your no better off than when you started.

BTW...I don't care if its what you want hear or not... *my* home is comfortable.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Is he good with money? Because the local ministry isn't. They keep pan handling at the pulpit. Passing a plate around looking for hand outs.

Reply to
Zyp

Yes. safely, no. The pressure switch (if it's the one I'm thinking) assures that the flue gasses and carbon monoxide are blown out the exhaust. Instead of pumping into the building.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Fosile, Cammile?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bypass the safety, and you risk having a one way trip by morge wagon. I'd seriously suggest not bypassing the safety switch.

Especially on a fossil fuel furnace, as those produce monxide. Even more than "fosile" whatever the heck that is.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I agree, Milligan can be some what loose. Which might make him a looser.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yeah, he just winds up and lets loose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I dunno, but I hope the arc had a properly vented fosile fuel (what the heck is a fosile?) heat source. Otherwise, Noah would have to be down there whacking on the pressure switch. You have any idea how hard it is to get a contractor to the ark when the whole damn planet is flooded? I mean, really!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That ones a keeper.

Reply to