Panasonic Ceiling Vent Fan 3" duct?

Hello
I just got a Panasonic WisperValue ceiling fan for my bathroom.
The duct on the fan is 3" however the duct in my roof is 4".
I guess I will need a 3" to 4" adapter, I would assume these are available.
If they make them in a right angle elbow should I get it in this version or should I get a straight 3" to 4" adapter?
The vent in the roof is almost directly above the area of the fan. Should I run solid or flex? Or a mix, Solid going up and then flex to the roof vent?
Also how does the flexible duct stay in the roof vent? Do I press it in and then tape it?
Help and ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

I guess you never read the installation instructions.
Noon-Air wrote:

Apparently they should have been written in Picturegraphs.

The pretty much are.
Steve wrote:

Braille then, as he apparently did not see the instructions.

Thanks for sharing with the group.
--
Always remember to pillage *before* you burn.

HVAC wrote:

Rape before you pillage. Kill all the men and rape all the women! Dammit..Get it right this time. ;-p