Noisy fan

I am getting noise in my squirrel cage fan assembly.
I occurs under load, and the noise goes away when I take off the access panel or remove the filter.
Is it a good assumption that the bearings in the motor are bad?
I can feel a little play in the motor shaft, but do not know what is normal.
The system is 13 years old.
Thanks for any help.
Dale

ummm...... maybe because its never been serviced by a qualified tech??

You really don't have a clue.

Its is a good assumption that you need to call a qualified tech

its not normal to play with your shaft.....stop it!!

and probably never been serviced by a qualified tech