New Oil Burner? Is it Worth It? Please Advice

I have a 30 yr. old dry base Utica boiler with a Reillo burner head (fairly new). I have no idea of its effeciency. The unit runs great. I live on Long Island in NY with cold winters and am using 180 gallons to heat my basement (a constant 73) and make hot water (Bock heater and 5 adults). I have a Coal stove that heats my upstairs so the heat rarely comes on for that part of the house.
I was thinking of replacing the oil fired boiler with a Boderus or Well-Mclain Ultra, both have 90% effeciency ratings. I wanted to hear from people who have changed out their old boilers for newer models to find out if there really is a big savings?
Thanks in advance

180 gallons....
This year, last year?
Square Feet? Height above ground? Height below ground? Insulation in walls? Insulation in floor? Number of windows? Area of windows? Number of outside doors? Area of doors? Door construction? With or without storm door?
Type of heat (yes we know boiler) but: Baseboard Forced Air Radiant Floor Case Iron Radiators RadiantWall Panels
There is WAY to many variables here for anybody to give you ANY ideas to your savings.
Why not have a company test your equipment and find out what it's actual efficiency is?

Yes! I had a 30 yr old Utica boiler too. I changed it out last yer with a Weil-Mclain high efficiency and so far have saved $6000. You should jump on it right away and start saving. Bubba :-)
Its not worth it. if ur gonna upgrade, get a coal or wood boiler. ignore idiots like bubba, they is products of incestual relationships. bub did a thermostat relocate for me and got my dog pregnant.

Hey! Bubba does everything to code; if Bubba relocated your stat, that is covered under the penal code. Protection is always required if you follow code, so your dog got sperm from another firm.
Lon gyland? I 2

So, saying his client in this case was a Saint........
< Bernard > ?!?!

On 13 Mar 2007 18:33:40 -0700, "Chevrolet's Momma"

Hell, I thought it was your wife. I guess they both look the same. Bubba

Bubba wrote:

You just like them bitches. :)