Lennox Furnace Filter Question

Hi, I am hoping someone out there can answer a question for me.

I have a Lennox Conservator III G16 furnace, this furnace has a filter which is a "U shaped basket" that is placed around the intake of the blower. There are no store bought filters that are available for this, I have to buy a roll of filter material and I cut it to size and place it in the "basket" to change the filter. I have allergies and I want to use a filter that is made for allergies. I bought a re-usable filter that I can size to the return duct opening, but I'm concerned that the additional filter will cause the blower to have to work too hard, shortening the life of the blower.

I would like to keep the stock filter in place and add this extra filter. Or should I get rid of the basket filter and just use this new filter?

Does anyone have any advice for me???

Thanks in advance

Reply to
sed

Yeah, use both filters. Then add an additional air filter to your car. While you're at it, add another gasoline filter to your fuel tank too. Maybe put another storm door in front of your existing storm door on your home. Maybe two wives too. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

sed;

You need to purchase a "roll" filter. Comes in 36" and 48" widths. Sorry, but you'll have to buy the whole box. Check with home depot. The product your looking for can be found here

Zyp

You can use a 20X25X1 pleated filter, and rebend the wire so it holds the filter in the bottom, or just put a brick there. The top of the filter will squeeze into the groove near the top of the blower section.

The best thing to do is trash the pig and upgrade your furnace with some good filtration.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

A brick. Really? Why not use two?

Reply to
Zyp

Zyp, I've seen em use bricks, 2x4's, just about anything. I haven't seen a hammock filter in about 5 years. I used to use a piece of slip with a 1" bend on the end and zip it to the rear of the furnace and swivel so it stuck in th egap next to the bottom cover. It sure beat carrying around a box of fiberglas and trying to git it cut right, and getting alll the shit from the old filter all over your ass!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

replying to Bubba, Lou wrote: Get a life!

Reply to
Lou

replying to Bubba, Pat wrote: Wow Bubba, you're a jerk.

Reply to
Pat

Too late and very sad. Bubba died 11 years ago after his 2 wives beat him to death with the extra storm door.

Reply to
catalpa