Intalling grills/duct covers

Hi, i had an HVAC system retro-fitted in my home. The installer left some of the work undone..such as not installing a humidifier on one unit and failing to cover the duct openings (the part that run to the rooms).
Can someone point me to a site or documentation on how to install the grills on these openings? are they screwed into the sheet rock or into the duct itself somehow? Is there anything special i need to be aware of when adding these grill covers?
Also, are register sizes standardized? Meaning, am i likely to find the grill covers at home depot that will fit the registers?
thanks much
They are standardized. Screw them into anything that will hold. On the floor they just sit in the holes. Lows and Home Despots have a bunch of the stuff. Make sure you have filters somewhere on all the supply air side or your ac evaporator will soon be clogged with dust and crap. . farseer wrote:

jamesgangnc wrote:

- udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
udarrell wrote:

http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
farseer wrote:

the links on my pages to learn some of them. - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
not sure where to start on your site...seems rather math intensive(?)...
udarrell wrote:

>>http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Its not Rocket Science...

Everything seems like rocket science to the novice...
message

but...but.... but..... they said *any* idiot could do it...... I guess you must be one of them "special" kind.
Thanks for such an insightful post...you have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays..
Noon-Air wrote:

Thanks man, my bad :-)
udarrell wrote:

http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Why on earth would you go to Home Depot for an HVAC install. Its basically a fancy newfangled hardware store. The subs they use have nothing to do with the store. The merely put their guy there and he sells boxes. Usually you get pounded on the price and the install is less than satisfactory. Then it sounds like you went out and found a buddy to finish the mess. You gave him just a bit more than he needed to get started so he hit the bar and now left too. Your skills in finding a reputable HVAC contractor need a bit of tweaking. Bubba
I sometimes don't agree with Bubba but he's dead on here. Getting a hvac system from home despot is like getting a car from jiffy lube.
Bubba wrote:

Only sometimes? Hang around. It'll get worse. Bubba
On 20 Dec 2006 06:03:21 -0800, "jamesgangnc"