Intalling grills/duct covers

Hi, i had an HVAC system retro-fitted in my home. The installer left some of the work undone..such as not installing a humidifier on one unit and failing to cover the duct openings (the part that run to the rooms).

Can someone point me to a site or documentation on how to install the grills on these openings? are they screwed into the sheet rock or into the duct itself somehow? Is there anything special i need to be aware of when adding these grill covers?

Also, are register sizes standardized? Meaning, am i likely to find the grill covers at home depot that will fit the registers?

thanks much

Reply to
farseer

jamesgangnc

He meant to say - to put the filter(s) on the "Return Air Side."

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

thanks much for the responses. Is there a way to test myself how efficiently my system is working? or test for "leaks". Unfortunately, i have had the absolutely worse experience with contractors w/ this house, and i just don't trust them. In fact, we used Home Depot to do the HVAC installation and they did a very sloppy job (i can send pictures). After many months, i had to pay out of pocket for someone else to correct the job, but while they did a much better job, that installer has now disappeared! I am currently disputing HD on the original job to get some of the money back..

farseer

There are too many ways to check efficiency to enumerate here, follow the links on my pages to learn some of them.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

farseer

Why on earth would you go to Home Depot for an HVAC install. Its basically a fancy newfangled hardware store. The subs they use have nothing to do with the store. The merely put their guy there and he sells boxes. Usually you get pounded on the price and the install is less than satisfactory. Then it sounds like you went out and found a buddy to finish the mess. You gave him just a bit more than he needed to get started so he hit the bar and now left too. Your skills in finding a reputable HVAC contractor need a bit of tweaking. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Its not Rocket Science...

Oscar_Lives

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
farseer

but...but.... but..... they said *any* idiot could do it...... I guess you must be one of them "special" kind.

Reply to
Noon-Air

jamesgangnc

Reply to