I smell gas ???

My house sometimes smells like gas. Should I have a pro look at it? (it's a nice looking house) I tested all the pipe joints with a Bic lighter and I cant find any leaks so I dont want to replace my gas lines if they are not leaking right? Would black tape help anyways eh if they were leaking I am trying to avoid getting ripped off ...........or does it just need a new thermostat? The other thing I have is when it gets hot outside it gets hot inside do I need AC or can I just install DC because I allready have 110/220 AC here right. If I do get AC should it be 110 or 220? And my blower does not blow enough should I get a bigger blower or a new wife?

Reply to
no one that you know

The bigger the blower the better. You can still keep your wife, just gat another blower...

Reply to
oloenneker

Reduce fiber intake

(it's a nice looking house)

White tape will show a leak and yes change your stat as the new digitals have a gas sensing feature.

Don't let it get hot outside- convince all your neighbors with ac to leave their doors open- this should help.

If I do get AC should it be 110 or 220?

460

And my blower does not blow enough should I get a bigger blower or a new

Your wife is a cow at 250 pounds- how would you upgrade that??

Reply to
geojr

I know you are just joking about checking for leaks with a Bic lighter because if you had found it, I would be talking to a dead person.

Reply to
Moe Jones

Had a call last year, customer said she smelled gas. Go inside, the entire house smelled of gas, so much that I was surprised that the house had not exploded. Checked gas line for the furnace, no leaks found. Tell customer that she should turn off the main breaker to the house so as to kill the power to all the electrical appliances, call the gas company and then go stay in a motel until the problem is fixed. When I told her to turn off the power she asked me " does my tv use gas?" No kidding, she really said that! Darwin award in the making. Turned out they had remodeled the house and someone had loosened the gas line to the fireplace.

Reply to
Al Moran

"Moe Jones" wrote in news:44ccc5be$0$2771 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.hal-pc.org:

Actually, this is a great way to check for gas leaks. The only stipulation being that you get the wife to do it! :-)

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Reply to
no one that you know

Why don't you just turn off the main gas valve at the meter?

\\

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ___________________________________________________ | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------- ^ |
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Easy enough to fix the gas problem... get rid of the wife and quit eatin at Taco Bell.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
no one that you know

Give you a little helpful hint. Take a old wrench and make sure it will fix the gas c*ck outside on the gas meter and some how tie it to the meter so it can not walk away.

Then the next time you need to close off the gas supply you will have the wrench to do so.

Reply to
Moe Jones

Reply to
no one that you know