I smell gas ???

My house sometimes smells like gas. Should I have a pro look at it? (it's a nice looking house) I tested all the pipe joints with a Bic lighter and I cant find any leaks so I dont want to replace my gas lines if they are not leaking right? Would black tape help anyways eh if they were leaking I am trying to avoid getting ripped off ...........or does it just need a new thermostat? The other thing I have is when it gets hot outside it gets hot inside do I need AC or can I just install DC because I allready have 110/220 AC here right. If I do get AC should it be 110 or 220? And my blower does not blow enough should I get a bigger blower or a new wife?

The bigger the blower the better. You can still keep your wife, just gat another blower...

Easy enough to fix the gas problem... get rid of the wife and quit eatin at Taco Bell.

(it's a nice looking house)

have a gas sensing feature.

Don't let it get hot outside- convince all your neighbors with ac to leave their doors open- this should help.
If I do get AC should it be 110 or 220?
460
And my blower does not blow enough should I get a bigger blower or a new

Your wife is a cow at 250 pounds- how would you upgrade that??
I know you are just joking about checking for leaks with a Bic lighter because if you had found it, I would be talking to a dead person.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Had a call last year, customer said she smelled gas. Go inside, the entire house smelled of gas, so much that I was surprised that the house had not exploded. Checked gas line for the furnace, no leaks found. Tell customer that she should turn off the main breaker to the house so as to kill the power to all the electrical appliances, call the gas company and then go stay in a motel until the problem is fixed. When I told her to turn off the power she asked me " does my tv use gas?" No kidding, she really said that! Darwin award in the making. Turned out they had remodeled the house and someone had loosened the gas line to the fireplace.
Turning off the main breaker was a bad idea if there was any load on it? First thing to do was to cover my head when I walked in second thing was to turn around and walk away leaving the door open to give it more oxeygen (proper mix for a better kaboom) DO NOT TOUCH ANY SWITCHES NOT EVEN THE MAIN. I went in the basement via the lower door and turned off the pilot light in the HW tank the furnace pilot was allready off....................dont know how it happened but a burner was left on on the stove all night long when I was out. Walked in the door and smelled gas..........now what the fuc do I do ???? if I turn the burner off it will go past the spark position and kaboom so I left it on and vented the house a bit first.. For about two hours the cats were walking sideways What I am looking for is a timer control that will shut off the gas valve to the stove. Something simaler to those wall twist timers that you would use for a hot tub or a bath fan. Is there a valve that can electrically control a gas line. The stove is rarely used for more than 20 mins at a time all year except maybe turkey time (no big deal just be there for an extra twist or two for turkey) These new stoves are stupid when you are standing in the kitchen leaning on the counter somehow the gas gets turned on and they are really easy for little kids too reach up and give a twist. This has happened twice now.
Al Moran wrote:

Why don't you just turn off the main gas valve at the meter?
\\

Now that would be a pain in the Gass
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Give you a little helpful hint. Take a old wrench and make sure it will fix the gas cock outside on the gas meter and some how tie it to the meter so it can not walk away.
Then the next time you need to close off the gas supply you will have the wrench to do so.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Moe Jones wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:27:35 GMT, no one that you know

Shut up, fart knocker!
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
~^Johnny^~ wrote:

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 05:02:44 GMT, no one that you know

But I still smell gas.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Troll O Meter
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Actually, this is a great way to check for gas leaks. The only stipulation being that you get the wife to do it! :-)
--
Respectfully, Bob