How to adjust oil furnace electrodes and flame?

Yea in the garbage can it goes like everything else, then to the land fill it goes with all the chemical poisons we dump every day that are a real threat to water and ground. So you DIY in a day or piss off

3-10,000.00 to pro. Asbestos is just bad when airborn so you bury it.

Please let me know where and when for the next time you do this, so I can video tape it and turn it over to the EPA, and OSHA. I can use the reward money.

Reply to
Steve

It doesn't make any difference how you remove it as an uncertified person. The Fine is going to be damned impressive. Also the neighbors have grounds for a Helluva a lawsuit.

Reply to
Don Ocean

I take it you encourage dangerous and illegal removal of Asbestos? Do you also collect the 10 % fee for turning them in? I th9ink its time for you to haul your idiot ass over to alt.criminalsRus.

Reply to
Don Ocean

According to someone who is certified, an owner occupant can remove asbestos in their home. The asbestos has to be double bagged, labeled, and disposed of in a landfill where asbestos is allowed. You could get rid of it through a certified contractor.

Asbestos is dangerous when airborne. If kept wet it is safe. But there is a lot of asbestos on an old boiler.

-- bud--

Reply to
bud--

These absestos companies are rip offs all you asbestos co moaners, keep it wet and its safe and thats what the boiler pro I had here did. If you think for one minute all these pros pay to dump it legaly, its just like I dont believe for 1 second you guys wood either, so cry away.

Reply to
ransley

mr logic316 , obviously you've never spoken to a person with a real education and vocabulary , don't bother coming back with one of your semi-literate 'clever' comebacks , i'm done with you , regards , Jack

Reply to
psilliman

LOL; it not that expensive to remove or dispose of properly.

Reply to
Zyp

As well as ANYONE who enters the confined space and becomes sick years later. And the worst is your homeowners insurance won't cover you either. Most liability insurance underwriters are excluding asbestos related lawsuits unless you purchase a specific policy for asbestos abatement.

rancid, you're such a fool

Reply to
Zyp

Funny you mention Rocket surgery, I've met a Rocket Scientist and I'm not so sure of their mechanical ability either.

Reply to
Zyp

NO! I dropped my Cert, but I am still up on the laws.. That is federal and not state.

The asbestos has to be double bagged, labeled,

Yes!

You could get

All the Seals are asbestos.. Pretty damned hard to wet them until exposed. Asbestos does not normally migrate as dust when wet, but can still have particulates that you breath as vapor. That is why breathing apparatus is required. A hazmat suit keeps you from assimulating it in other ways.

Whatever the danger is or is not...The Feds will fine the Bejezuz out of you for not doing their way. Why are you Home Repair guys posting here on this subject? Go to an asbestos site run by the Government for straight from the horses mouth advice.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Oh, I don't know about that. Even their failures go boom. How can you condemn a sport that leaves very little evidence that it was a failure?

Reply to
Don Ocean

. The person I asked is certified as a supervisor for asbestos removal, is an engineer, and runs a business that has done environmental abatement and consulting in a number of areas including asbestos.

(I agree the regs are federal.) .

. I don't know if I would want to remove an old boilers. On the other hand the people who removed my boiler took no precautions and there was a lot of dust ? the people you are railing about. (I knew less about asbestos then.)

I did remove some asbestos from pipes. I doubt any was airborne or did not wind up bagged. But if I was removing asbestos for a living I would want appropriate protection. My removal took too long for a business. .

. The person I cited was not a "home repair guy". Trader has cited several government sites that agree with my source.

Maybe you could cite an "asbestos site run by the Government" that supports your opinion.

Reply to
bud--

If that is all he was.. He worked under the instructions of Government Contractors like me. The final word is those federal regs. You may have your expert contact me. I will gladly either give him directions or to have a Federal lawyer give him some expensive reeducation. The same expensive reeducation that you are striving for. End of Argument. Bullshit your pals in Home Repair, Not here! Watch your TV for Asbestoses Lawyers adds. They are putting together a massive lawsuit for a certain large company that has not followed the rules to the letter. We are talking hundreds of $billions.

and runs a business that has done environmental abatement

He will find the Accommodations in Denver Colorado's Federal court rather confining.

There is only one and you really should read it before you get to meet a massive Federal fine.. Or worse yet..Lead some poor bastard into that massive fine by your ignorant and irresponsible bullshit.

Reply to
Don Ocean

:

com...

Look, instead of oblique references, just give us the excerpt from a federal website and link that says it's illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos from their own property. I've asked for this repeatedly, yet no one claiming i't illegal can provide it, because it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary, I've provided multiple limks from state govts and asbestos organizations that not only don't say it's illegal for a homeowner to work on asbestos themselves, they give the procedures for DIY's.

Since you appear to be in the commercial business yourself, I'd suggest that either you have a vested interest in misleading people, or you're remarkably ignorant.

Reply to
trader4

Look, instead of oblique references, just give us the excerpt from a federal website and link that says it's illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos from their own property. I've asked for this repeatedly, yet no one claiming i't illegal can provide it, because it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary, I've provided multiple limks from state govts and asbestos organizations that not only don't say it's illegal for a homeowner to work on asbestos themselves, they give the procedures for DIY's.

Since you appear to be in the commercial business yourself, I'd suggest that either you have a vested interest in misleading people, or you're remarkably ignorant.

When you have the training, education, certifications and experience in handling asbestos and other HAZARDOUS WASTES, then come on back. You have a lot of homework to do, I suggest that you get started. BTW... before you begin your little project, Since you don't want to believe us, I suggest that you contact your local EPA, and OSHA offices, as well as you State, County, and City and get them to give you copies of their laws and regulations that apply to *YOU*.

Until then, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

*click*
Reply to
Steve

te:

s.com...

ur

In other words, just as before, you're incapable of supplying any reference to any federal law that says it's illegal for a homeowner to do asbestos work on their own home. Not surprising, either, because IT DOESN'T EXIST. That's right, despite any training, education, certification, and experience you MIGHT have, you still don't know what you're talking about. Face it, you're in way over your head here, yet you continue to come back for another whopping.

You have a

You mean like this, from Cape May County NJ:

"The "Homeowner's Guide for the Disposal of Asbestos" is issued by the CMCMUA to assist the homeowner when they are removing and disposing asbestos from their personal residence.

Under current New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) and New Jersey Department of Labor Regulations (NJDOL), there is nothing that prohibits the homeowner from removing, packaging and disposing of asbestos roofing, siding and insulation from his personal residence. For further information on New Jersey asbestos regulations, you may refer to the following websites:

"

Dumb ass. There it is for you and it couldn't be any clearer. Yet, I suspect you'll be back for another whooping.

Reply to
trader4

This does not address Federal Regulations. Just because local laws may or may not allow it, that doesn't trelease you from Federal regulations.

Reply to
salty

The lower levels of government that deal with asbestos are certainly aware of federal regs. They are the basis of what can be done legally. Their advice would be compliant with federal regs.

Nice links.

Still missing - any cite to federal regs that say homeowners can't remove asbestos in their homes. As trader has said they should be easy to find if they exist.

[I can see why alt.hvac has a bad rep.]
Reply to
bud--

Yes we do.. it is because useless asshole like you manage to contaminate our professional group with idiotic trolling.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Couldn't have said it better!

Reply to