Help hooking up thermostat

I have a Reznor garage heater that I need to hook up a thermostat to. I got a heat-only Honeywell thermostat which has connections for R,W, and Y. The heater has R,G,W1 and W2. How do I hhok it up, or do I need a fancier thermostat? All the manual says is to use a 24V thermostat, which this is. Thanks.

Did you install the heater?

Yes, why?

Well it's like this...
#1 you have the heater's installation instructions #2 you have the thermostat's installation instructions
Having this two documents, you can't hook-up a simple control. So what makes you think you could install the heater properly and to code?
Now, before you get all pissy and say it's not that hard and it's not rocket science. Who's going to check and adjust the gas pressure? Who's going to do the electrical? Who's going to inspect the flu termination to insure it's safe?
Some things should be left to a trained professional.

You need to call Reznor. They evidentially did not give you the "Heat-Only" kit. I believe the kit number is a P104-7010. This will give you the conversion board, wiring diagram and wiring harness you need to hook it up to a standard or programmable thermostat. Bubba

Bubba, thats the wrong part number... its an ID10t
Noon-Air wrote:

Charles wrote:

Here's what I figured out from other sources and experimentation. The simple thermostat I bought simply connects R to W when the temp is below setting and R to Y otherwise. The W2 connection on my heater is not connected to anything, it's there for an optional two stage setup that I didn't buy.
On the heater, connect R to W1 to make heat, connect R to G to turn on the fan with no heat.
I don't care about the fan without heat option right now, so I connect R thermostat to R heater and W thermostat to W1 heater and leave everything else no-connect. Works fine.