Heat pump thermostat

My friend has a Coleman heat pump model 3736-811 with a gas furnace. He bought a Honeywell RTH 7500 thermostat to replace the old one.
The wires on the old thermostat are: W2-grey, G-green, R-red, L-white, X-black, O-orange, Y-yellow, and B-blue.
The problem is, the instructions say, if the L terminal is used the C wire must be connected. But, there is no C wire. I would appreciate any help.
Lobo
Honeywell has technical support. Their number is on the back of the instructions
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Is the system working? If so, leave it alone.
If not, call the installing company to fix it...

Before you get a new "C" wire, you probably ought to check the "G" spot.