geothermal runs constantly

Charlie -------------------------------------
My Water Furnace heat pump runs constantly, or nearly so. I have burned out 3 control boxes in the past 3 years or less. This can't be right. My system is pump and dump so the well that feeds my house also feeds the furnace. There is no holding tank for the furnace. Are there any setting that can get the pump to cycle more like a conventional forced air so the well pump can take a break? Charlie
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26925 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On 24 Nov 2008 06:34:33 GMT, nordicww_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Charlie) wrote:

Yes, sorry to hear that, maybe, I din't know, how interesting. You're welcome.
I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.
On 24 Nov 2008 06:34:33 GMT, nordicww_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Charlie) wrote:

technician tell you it could be? Bubba
Pressure & Temperature drops on the water side, & the (air, water, refrigerant) other side? How's the refrigerant charge? Water to air unit?, what's the air flow across the coil? Has the filter ever been replaced? Was the duct properly sized? How old is the unit? Is it one of the good old Florida HP's gone bad or Vice Versa? Is it a Cupronickle Coaxial heat exchanger, correct? Has the Cupronickle heat exchanger ever been back flushed & cleaned thoroughly? Water to water unit?, has the other coil ever been back flushed & cleaned thoroughly? Is there a buffer tank? Who sized it? Any filtration of the well side water prior to unit? If so, has this filter ever been changed? What color was the filter when it was last changed? Brown? Rust Red? Black & Snotty? What color was it when it was clean & new? What controls the well water? Solenoid on outlet? Flow proving switch on control box? Who sized the unit, & is it keeping the home at setpoint?
These questions & more will be answered on the next episode of Soap
goodluck geothermaljones