GAMA OR AGA Heat Exchanger Condemn Guidelines

I have been googling for a while and cant find the link for shutting down furnaces with a heat exchanger crack. It's been here b4. Can anyone direct me please

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Not sure of a link, but we disconnect the t'stat wires, turn off the emergency switch, and then we have a 2-part tag that says "CONDEMNED" with space to explain why and a space for the customer to SIGN saying they were told. We tag the furnace and take the original copy with us.

We still have customers call "a friend" to hook it back up, but at least we are covered.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

We do it similarly, but you will always find some hack that says you can still use it. There was a directive or rec from GAMA or AGA or some other governing body that said we shoul condemn and shut down if there is a crack. Had one tonight that would blow out pilot when blower was running. It made all kinda of dancing flames and pretty colors too!!!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo