Furnace Fan. AUTO or ON

Hello,

Need some clarification/enlightenment. I recently had the HVAC system replaced in the 30+ year house I live in from a tran/janitrol to an ALL Goodman system. Got a GMV950905DX Furnace and SSX14036 AC. My question is should I leave the fan on all the time, yes I did get an Aprilaire 5000 Airfilter installed also. I am getting mixed answers and have not been satisfied with them.

Should I leave the fan on ALL the time, winter+summer or only in one of the season ? would running the fan on that furnace which has a 2 stage variable speed fan. I tried calling Goodman and it is a pathetic wait there all the time, I would like to understand how the 2 stage and the variable speed work and what sort of efficiency would I realize.

So any HVAC super man can assist me with a clarification or point me to where I can go get more details.

Thanks in advance and have a happy t-day!

Reply to
ezxcvbnm

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Call the guys who installed it for you. They should have answered all your questions b4 they left with your money! Obviously they didn't, so they sure as hell should now! All valid questions, too.....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

I gotta admit. Bob had a good point. Why did you let your installers take your money and not answer your questions? Running the fan all the time or not is purely your own preference. A true variable speed motor will run more efficiently than a standard PSC motor. Running the fan all the time will help keep a more constant temperature throughout your home. It will also "clean" your air more efficiently than running the fan in the "auto" position. Hopefully, you have a two stage thermostat installed to take full advantage of your two stage system? Your variable speed works according to how the installers set the dip switches. Efficiency?? Who cares. If they didnt size it properly, it wont really matter. It will achieve the efficiency it is rated at......minus the load calc errors and ductwork issues. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

It's a preference. I have customers that hate the drafts even at the lowest cfm setting. Usually with a variable speed fan it is best to run it continously. There are dip switch settings on the furnace board that will determine your A/C and Continous fan speeds. I agree your installers should have set these for you, and should have asked your opinion on the continous speed. It will provide a much more even heat throughout the home. Just check your filter more often.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

Reply to