Energy Calculation- Tampa area

Looking for a licensed HVAC contractor to perform an Energy Calculation on my home. I'm adding an addition and the City of Tampa requires that I have one before they will accept my plans.
The existing house is 1350sft and the addition is approx 500sqft.
Here's a link to the forms that I must submit- http://www.dca.state.fl.us/fbc/committees/energy/energy_forms/New_Energy_forms/600C_04Crevised.pdf
Thanks- CM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:46:17 -0700 (PDT), BoaterZ

will need a complete set of specs. Fill my PayPal Account with $175 and I will be happy to accomodate you. Bubba You dont need fries, do you?
Bubba wrote:

Wow bubba;
You'll do calc's for $175 ........ buddy!
--
Zyp

Zyp wrote:

He didn't say he would do a good job. He subcontracts them out to Stormie And profits $170.

Petre posted for all of us...

--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.

Call the PE that certified your plans.

http://www.dca.state.fl.us/fbc/committees/energy/energy_forms/New_Energy_forms/600C_04Crevised.pdf

He doesn't provide the service.

He doesn't provide the service.
You can either pay an engineer or you can pay a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to do it.

That's what I was hoping to find here. I've called 10 local HVAC companies that have good ratings on Angies List, and none of them can help me out. One of them said he can do it, but only if I buy a complete system from him.

That's what I was hoping to find here. I've called 10 local HVAC companies that have good ratings on Angies List, and none of them can help me out. One of them said he can do it, but only if I buy a complete system from him.
You have to buy it from someone...
BoaterZ wrote:

Going price for that work to the level required for local building Authority is normally $350 here for the average home and a sliding scale for commercial/Industrial and large homes. It is not a job for an amateur.

Have you found a Licensed HVAC contractor to install the system?
These are pretty simple forms, you can probably fill out most of the info yourself... How many sf of N/E/S/W walls are there? What's the R? SF of glass on each wall? AFUE of furn, EER/SEER of A/C. Throw in a mini-split & be done w/it.
If they're asking for "engineered" load calcs beyond these forms, then you gotta pay for them. They're not brain surgery, but they do require some work.
Since I can't see your 500sf addition from here, I can't tell you you'll probably need another 1 Ton of A/C... but if you want, I can do some loads with proper info. (& I won't short Stormy in the process!) He's not quite the hack some might think he is, but others will disagree.
Damn, you missed out on Brett Favre... My niece & family (in Tampa Bay) are going to have to cheer for the Vikings again this year...
Minnesota Vikings, Consistently Inconsistent since 1961!
goodluck geothermaljones

geothermaljones posted for all of us...

--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.

First thing that you've posted that I disagree with...