dukane furnace

my furnace-5years old- doesn't work has a green flash -3 times- code for what? could anybody help me? thanks very much -------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 25766 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

No problem.... pull out your phone book, open the yellow pages to the section that reads "Heating Equipment & Systems-Cleaning & Repairing", pick a contractor, call them and schedule an appointment for them to come diagnose, clean, service, and repair your furnace.
--
Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

Stop calling me for freebies!

I agree with the Noonster. Now if you are CURIOUS of why it's flashing, try looking inside one of the door panels for a sticker or the manual that came with the furnace. It will usually tell you what the 3 flashes mean. But once you find out, it will probably be something you can't fix anyway so you are better off calling someone.
On 13 Apr 2008 14:18:50 GMT, bbos_at_sbcglobal_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (bos) wrote:

3 flashes is the easiest, most common flash code. You will need to replace your thermostat. Most usually find that one of the better, digital programmable stats works best. You will find it helpful if you repalce the low voltage thermostat wiring too. It needs to be phase-balanced to match the current draw of the system. You may also need to change the gas valve if you continue to get the flash code. Bubba
(bos)

Yeah, but that's on a DUCANE furnace, not a Dukane....
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 01:03:16 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"

Oh Crap! Thanks Dr. Hardcrab. I missed that. If its a Dukane that is flashing 3 flashes, then turn the furnace off immediately. It most likely means you need a new heat exchanger. You might want to check your compressor in the spring too. Usually the 3 flashes is an early warning for compressor failure. Bubba
(bos)

As far as the compressor goes, wait until the first heat wave hits and then we have the special "Hot Stuff" deals for compressor replacements! 60 minutes or your compressor is free....
Ah, but does that include freezone? Yeah, well, freezone is extra. Won't run right without valve stems. Or, so the tire commercial says.
Does sixty seconds include plugging in your sawzall, to get the old one out? And the cost of the compression fittings, to put the new one in? The compression fittings included?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

We don't use compression fittings. We use Mighty Putty.
"HI! I'M BILLY MAYS!!!!!!"
Wasn't the number of flashes indicating phase failure? Three flashes is a failure of the three phase nonlinear modulated time adjusted signal from the power company. Most new furnaces will handle up to 8 phase, and the really good ones will up to 11 phase.
A really good technician will have a diagnostic computer, that hooks up to the lateral data port, on the thermostat board. Interviews the furnace without having to go to the cellar, and take the cover off.
Of course, we could be joking.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Me thinks the board needs to be replaced....
....since the light has an intermittant problem. :-)
bos posted for all of us...

raincoat - a plaid one.
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.