dual fuel thermostat recom.

I have an Amana heat pump with propane back-up. I need to know if there is a programmable thermostat that will allow the set point to only increase in 2 degree increments in heat mode.I have it set in winter at 65 wake 55 sleep which I now do manually 2 degrees at a time thank s

Reply to
Gary

Nope. Nobody makes anything like that. Honeywell was going to but they decided to wait 10 more years till they can perfect it. Rip that furnace system out and put in oil. Your oil distributor will thank you. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

wrong forum for your question, try alt.home repair

"Gary" wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Hmmm, How can you get 65 and 55 by 2 degree increment? Heat does not work in digital or binary mode, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang fired this volley in news:%OWBi.109795$fJ5.70264@pd7urf1no:

So, they cannot count by twos in China?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Hmmm, Not to make 55 or 65. BTW, I am not Chinese.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang fired this volley in news:15YBi.110850 $rX4.108374@pd7urf2no:

The OP said he moved it from and to 65 and 55 in two-degree increments.

You can't do that, either?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Hi, I am not Chinese and unless you start counting from odd number to get 55 or 65.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang fired this volley in news:WkYBi.109876 $fJ5.89446@pd7urf1no:

Ok, not Chinese; SOME oriental whose language lacks pronouns, anyway.

What about 65 or 55 do you discern as not "odd number"?

(See, I can do it without the precedent 'an', too.)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

No, no, no... you must use even numbers only. Try 66 nd 56 instead. 8-)

-zero

Reply to
-zero
65,63,61,59,57,55, ok
Reply to
Tony

So, why do you want two degree increments?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

I dun-no Tony; lets see

65 63 61 59 57 55

Looks like you can get there in 2º increments to me. ;)

But maybe it's all me? ROFL

Tony, do you actually work for someone?

Reply to
Zyp

In 1985 Honeywell came out with a Chronotherm that was all "odd" temperatures. T8085... cheeze what a piece of crap. Anyway they went back to "even" numbering after the [55 stay alive] went south.

Reply to
Zyp

If he does, they should fire him!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

I&#39;m guessing that most of his clients understand him better than his teacher did? ;)

Reply to
Zyp

I don&#39;t know but I do get piad first half year gross $150,000.00 how about you

Reply to
Tony

You found someone stupid enough to pay you money? And here I didn&#39;t think anyone could be more ignorant than yourself.

Reply to
<kjpro

I am so sorry that you can&#39;t see beyond your nose do you ever look in mirror if you do I hope that you understand what you are seeing

Reply to
Tony

I thought you &#39;plonked&#39; me... LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro