Cranky pilot tube in gas furnace

Have an ancient NG fired forced air furnace. Everything is fine, until I forget to pay my gas bill, and it's temoporarily shut off. Relighting the pilot is BITCH. It has a Honeywell Pilotstat valve, and a push button boost on the pilot tube. You have to hold the button gown on the Pilotstat, and push the boost button to light. The tube has a line of ports along it's length, which I assume should zip the flame from a match touched to the first one, into the burner to light the pilot. It refuses to do it. Just the first 4-5 holes light. I took the feed pipe off and blew the pilot tube out with compressed air, to no avail. Thoughts? JR
Scrub the tube with a nylon brush.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Thoughts? Yup I have one. Fuck off.
See? It's started already. The natives are restless. Here is a typical Usenet poster: http://tinyurl.com/dxz2sl which looks a heck of a lot like me when I wake up.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
The King wrote:

Any residential furnace that still has a standing pilot is most likely long past due for replacement. The new ones don't have a pilot.. the are either spark or hot surface ignition.