condenser fan motor windings

Thanks in advance for your help.
I have a Tempstar TCH242AKC1 3.5 ton smartcomfort 2200 heat pump that is 6 years old. 14 months ago I had to replace the 2 speed condenser fan motor because of bad bearings. It would heat up and stop cool and start.
Now the 2 speed condenser fan motor has burnt the windings up. Any idea what would cause that on a 14 month motor? It does run a lot in the winter but I wondering now if some other part could be causing it, it also had a new capacitor installed when they replaced the condenser fan. I checked the part # and both were the right ones.
This time the HVAC guy, I got a new company this time, ordered a new condenser fan motor and installed it but it kept kicking out about every 5 min. It took a bit but he looked up the part and they gave him the wrong motor, he had a 2 speed 1/5 HP and mine is a 2 speed 1/4 HP. He also replaced the new capacitor that the 1/5 hp called for but that too was the wrong one for my heat pump. Would that have caused the fan kicking out every 5 min?
I guess I am wondering when he brings the right 2 speed condenser fan motor if it is going to run ok and what could cause a 14 month old condenser fan motor to fry the windings, I took the old motor apart and looked like 2 sets of windings, the outer windings going to the line red wire was the one burnt, the other set look fine.
Thanks for any info. Mike
acbysean had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/condenser-fan-motor-windings-40918-.htm : Most likely the replacement motor was an aftermarket. Those units from my experience, putting an aftermarket motor doesn't work to well. OEM would be the best bet and replacing the fan blade and run capacitor. snipped-for-privacy@mike.ccc wrote:

-------------------------------------
It might have been, the motor has GE commercial motor made in Mexico # on the motor is Hc39gz002a and SKCP39kf Y140 S
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 02:38:06 +0000, acbysean_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (acbysean) wrote:

acbysean had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-condenser-fan-motor-windings-40920-.htm : I would ask them to order a new fan blade and motor specifically for that unit...that's the only way it will be right. snipped-for-privacy@mike.ccc wrote:

-------------------------------------
snipped-for-privacy@mike.ccc wrote:

Hi, You might try one size bigger(like from 3/4 HP to 1 HP after market one with same frame size. I put in a 1/4 HP bigger high efficiency motor and it uses 10% less power. Works better too.)
wrote: snip

Their are a number of manufactures who under rate the hp of their OEM motors. Id be careful making advise like that. The best advice is to get an OEM motor. All motors are not created equal.
The King wrote:

Hi, Note the word "MIGHT" I am a retired EE(old school, trained inthe vacuum tube days, lived thru electronics revolution) I guess I knew what I was doing.

The OP doesn't know what you know.
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:21:11 -0400, The King

I'll check and clean it tomorrow. It is not being used as the motor won't be in it till monday so it should dry by then. Thanks
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:23:30 -0400, The King

I think the hvac guy is getting an oem so maybe that will do it, thanks

If it goes again I may try that, thanks
I'm noticing that the quality of everything is going down. Motor berrings are often "permanantly lubricated" with oilite metal. I don't have a lot of confidence in that. I like to oil them with the special oil made for electric motors. Sad to hear you've had two motors go out.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@mike.ccc wrote:

Clean the damned coils. The motor is not getting cool enough air.

I'm glad someone else out there does coil cleaning!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'll look up the best way to clean them on the web, the HVAC guy checked it out and never said anything needed cleaned, he will be back on monday and i'll as him about that.
Thanks and I will clean them. I had read to use a hose squirting the coils from the inside unit to the outside. Thanks again
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:40:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mike.ccc wrote:

A quick and easy way to determine if your condenser coil is plugged is turn it on and wave your hand over the air discharge. If the discharge air feels it is blowing away from the center or discharging from around the fan blades outer diameter the coil is probably plugged. If it feels like the air discharge is blowing out evenly and pretty must straight up its probably ok but a quick rinse wont hurt it. Unless you short the motor out by getting it soaking wet and throwin the juice to er. :/
Enjoy your day.