Cold air return

I would appreciate receiving advise on whether it is fine to connect a return branch to the end cap of the rectangular trunk on the return side of the furnace. I know that with regard to the supply side, the end cap is intended to cause static pressure and therefore no branches should come off the end cap of the supply trunk.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers, John

Reply to
granchman

To answer your question, yes, you can connect to the end cap of a return plenum. But, if you have two, then the air *may* not return equally in two ducts of the same size.

The reasoning behind the notion of *not* taking a branch / trunk run from the end cap of a supply plenum is to prevent favortism from the blower. If on the other hand the length of the plenum is 3 times the girth, then in all likely hood you can. But generally you are correct in *not* taking a branch / truck off the end cap.

Reply to
Zyp

Any good AC guy should be able to do that for you however you may need couple dampers install to balance the air flow good luck Tony

Reply to
Tony

Please be aware that Tony has no training in HVAC.

Reply to
<kjpro

Or training in duct design either.

Tony, you haven&#39;t taken a course in ACCA Manual J / D yet have you? Check out

They might fit you in for $1400. [Cheaper if you&#39;re a member though.] :)

Reply to
Zyp

You are absolutely right but seems to know more then you explain that, all qualification that you clamed to have you still are only good to sweep floors! and that is in question well I guess you deserve that I must say CONGRATULATION Have nice day TONY

Reply to
Tony

Well, you have posted on numberous threads that you have no training in HVAC.

Prove it...

You&#39;re to incompetent to understand technical discussions.

By a hack... like that means anything.

When are you going to get a clue?

Reply to
<kjpro

Shouldn&#39;t be any problem... As long as the duct is properly sized, & the supply is properly balanced, the return air will find it&#39;s way back. Don&#39;t, as someone noted, put any sort of dampers in the return system, unless your running large R&R fans etc... There&#39;s no reason to add restrictions & static drop to the return. Remember it&#39;s called a blower not a sucker.

goodluck geothermaljones st.paul,mn.

Reply to
geothermaljones

:|

Reply to
Zyp

What&#39;s your point???

geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

Zyp is just agreeing that Tony is an idiot. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

It is always nice to hear from incompetent jackass that like to use some one else for his own deeds falling to understand that if you are not part of solution then you are part of problem "IDIOT"

Reply to
Depress