Coil Cleaners

Just something to discuss...

What brand and type of coil cleaner do you prefer? Are you using one cleaner for condensers and evaporators? Or do you use two cleaners?

I like to use NuCalgon Foam Brite for condenser coils and a self rinsing cleaner for the evaps.

Reply to
<kjpro

i like using Nubrite in a 50/50 mix on both evaps & condensers.

If the coil starts steaming, you know you&#39;ve left it on too long.

Reply to
gofish

Carbonex for the nasty ones.

Reply to
Bill

I use a Vapco product called HP Cleaner for evap coils and just a garden hose for condensers.

Reply to
Noon-Air

60 grit and muriatic acid followed by high pressure sandblaster!
Reply to
Tekkie®

Actually, Im sick of coil cleaners. Usually have put the green stuff on the indoor coils but Im tired of it turning into a "Mr. Bubble" bath. I shorted 2 motors on 2 Goodman 5 ton horizontal air handlers. They called about an hour after I left. I replaced them both on my dime. The pink acid is just nasty. Bad on rubber roofs and takes a ton of water to flush all the suds away. Its great if you want to get the black paint off coils. :-) Usually I find a garden hose does a very good job. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Do you have a recommended PSI level?

Reply to
<kjpro

Replacing motors, that sucks!

The Virginia "green" self rinsing "Acti-Klean" cleaner works pretty well for evaps. I&#39;ve never had the "Mr Bubble" effect using it.

I use a garden hose first, then use the NuCalgon "Foam Brite" to help clean what&#39;s left off of condenser coils.

Reply to
<kjpro

Oh that&#39;s ok, I&#39;m just giving it a steam cleaning! :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Hummmm.... never really heard of it. Do you like it better than the Rectorseal, Virginia or NuCalgon products?

Reply to
<kjpro

Con coil with a pressure sprayer, The coil is just like brand new when we leave

HOWEVER, if you do a coil that&#39;s sitting on a galvanized steel platform like a Trane rooftop you MUST follow up with a soap or you will have coil leaks down the road where the coil touches the steel. The acid residue creates a battery effect and burns a whole in the coils.

Reply to
Geoman

For greasy nasty coils. Nothing beats it.

Bill

So clean them in the Summer! :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Yep, I looked them up after you posted it... same people make Big Blu.

That&#39;s some good shit too!

Reply to
<kjpro

I&#39;m kinda leery of that stuff--no condensate formation on heat pump evaps during the heating season.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Or rinse them off

Reply to
Noon-Air

Good ider..

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Speaking of Trane rooftops- you had better fix the Sandusky Bob evans rooftop before Mon. or you just might be hooking up with Bob himself-if you get my drift :-))

Reply to
geojr

250 at least
Reply to