Cleaning the A-Coil?

I recently took the panel off my furnace to discover the A-coil almost plugged with debris. I gently used a vacuum and a "bottle brush" to clean the cooling fins (underside)

I saw some websites talking about a chemical to spray on the A-coil from the top, and then when it condensates and drips, the moisture should take away the debris with it... Anyone know if this works? There is MUCH more airflow from my blower now, and it looks very clean--I just wonder if it would be worth the extra cleaning??

Thanks!

Reply to
D.H.

Yes

Reply to
<kjpro

The solution works, but what you have done is enough to ensure airflow thru the coil.

-Canadian Cool

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

your probably in good shape without using the coil cleaner. its tricky useing it on an inside coil, so we dont do it often. if you can vac it off good, maybe rinse some water thru it if the situation allows, youll be aok. its been said that a bright cleaned coil works best, but a dirt free one a little tarnished works very well. lucas

ds549