Central air comes on when heat comes on, also with vent system

Hi guys,
We moved into our house in Nov-2007. I just turned the central air system breaker switch back to the on position for the summer and I noticed that whenever the heat comes on (Haven't even flicked the switch over to cool yet on the thermostat), the central air unit is also now operating outside. Also the same effect when I turn on the ventilation system. Seems a bit unusual to me. It's a 3 tone Carrier unit (Puron) 13 seer.
Thanks.

Sorry, can't *SEE* it through the computer screen, and my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs. Its a good bet that something is amiss in the controls. Your best bet is to call a local technician to come troubleshoot the system and correct any issues with it.
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

"Stop calling me for freebies Satan,

Ever heard of a Dual Fuel system? Guess not!
Hmm. three tone Carrier. Three shades of blue? Mauve? Fuscia?
It sounds like you have a wiring problem, in the low voltage control circuit. You may also have some defective parts in the control system.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I noticed... Bad Karma to the Bitch. ;-p
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the gonads of the spoofer.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus