Bev Air Salad unit

Page 1 of 2
This unit has a new compresser, cap tube and a clean condenser. Uses R134A, won't go below 45 degrees. It has a weighed in charge and the temp control is fine. Suction line is cool not cold. Any ideas?

Try asking in alt.home.repair
-zero

Yeah, you're fuqued. Bubba
Did you vacuum out the air, before weighing the charge? Might be a bunch of air in the system.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"lytning" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 00:32:07 -0400, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup

Stormy (you stupid hack on backup brain) He should not be using a shop vac to vaccum out the air. He should use the right tools for the job unlike you you hack. Bubba
Everybody knows you need a 16 gal, 2 HP shop vac. Can't you say somthing constructive for once?
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"Bubba" < snipped-for-privacy@iname.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:26:42 -0400, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup

Ive said it over and over and over................. Rock Head Bash. Do you need a diagram? Bubba
in message

You're stupid.
On Oct 5, 12:32 am, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup computer\\)" <cayoung###

Yea had Vac pump on it for 3 hrs. Replaced strainer with a dryer.

*** It has a weighed in charge***

***Replaced strainer with a dryer.***
Think about it. You've just answered your own question. ;-)
-zero
What's the pressures, temps, super heat, and sub cooling?
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"lytning" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
On Oct 5, 6:27 pm, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup computer\\)" <cayoung###+

Hi side about 150 low side about 15. Cap tube system, can't get at it to check super heat. Thinking about converting it to a txv system but with a 1/4 hp compresser i would never find a small enough valve.
Salad unit sounds like you want 35F or so, to keep the salads cold but not frosty. With those pressures, it sounds like it's not metering enough refrigerant. I'm wondering if the cap tube is too small, or too long.
Are you converting what was formerly a R-12 system? 134A needs a larger cap tube ID, as 134A doesn't carry as much heat. Maybe try a R-12 replacement blend like 409A, which runs in R-12 systems.
Low side 15 sounds a bit low, as though the system was starving.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"lytning" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
in message

....wow!
This is all just a Technical I.Q. test, Stormy. That's all. Regardless of what other troubles are or are not present.
First he said,,,

*** It has a weighed in charge***

and then he said,,,

***Replaced strainer with a dryer.***
The clues are asterisked.
Here, let me help.
What event has happened to prevent accurately charging via refrigerant weight anymore, and why?
-zero
your not gonna be able to educate stormy, he's stuck on stupid and you just cant fix stupid

Steve loaded heaps of crude language on me, via usenet. I finally filtered out his posts. He's never talked to me on the phone. If he did the crude language on the phone, I'd have to hang up on him.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"-zero" <sometimes.zero_removethis snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
in message

CB called you out as the Hack that you are... Plain and Simple.
On Oct 8, 11:02 am, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup computer\\)" <cayoung###

Not sure what happened to CB...I have been looking for his posts. I will say that he went out of his way to help me out. I was stationed in Korea and had a new unit installed in Va. He sent me several emails and answered questions for me and really helped. I would like to hear from him again just so I can offer him my thanks.
His company name is Carolina Breeze HVAC, and his name is Steve. He does have a web site. I'm pleased to hear that you want to thank a man for doing good.
--

Christopher A. Young
.